Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Clipping for a dessert that says: This light, lovely dessert is a refreshing way to end a meal. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2 large pink grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- mint sprig (optional)
- Using small sharp knife, remove peel and white pith from the grapefruits.
- Working over a bowl to catch juice, cut between membranes to release segments.
- Reserve juice in bowl.
- Arrange grapefruit segments decoratively on 4 plates, dividing equally.
- Combine sugar, water and reserved grapefruit juice in heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in creme de cassis. Drizzle syrup over grapefruit. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Garnish with mint if desire, and serve.