Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing end to any meal. Or use to refresh the palate in between courses.
Make and share this Pink Grapefruit Sorbet With Lavender! recipe from Food.com.
- 6 pink grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon fresh lavender (flowers and or leaves)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- lavender flowers, mint leaves (to garnish)
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest (colored part) from the peel of one grapefruit.
- Coarsely chop the zest.
- In a food processor bowl or blender, combine chopped zest,lavender and sugar.
- Cover and process or blend until zest is very finely chopped.
- Squeeze enough juice from the grapefruit to make four cups juice; pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add zest mixture, lemon juice, and, if desired, Grand Marnier.
- Mix well.
- Freeze the grapefruit mixture in a 2- or 4-quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Makes one quart or eight (half-cup) servings.
- Or freeze in small containers till almost frozen and blend in blender to make a slush.
- Top with mint leaves.
Brava, Rita! Wonderful! It even formed the basis for a new cocktail that our Italian cooking/study group invented: "L'Ultima Notte a' Pompeii." ("The last night in Pompeii"). Put two small round scoops of this sorbet into a champagne flute, pour in some bubbly prosecco, and watch it foam up like the lava from Mt. Vesuvius! ("Grapefruit" in Italian is "pompelmo," which even sounds like "Pompeii"! Thanks for a great recipe.
I made this for a brunch I gave today and it was great for a summer day. Very fresh tasting. Made for ZWT4
This was so good, nnd so pretty; very refreshing and just the right balance of tart/sweet. I held back almost a 1/4 cup sugar until I mixed everything together. My grapefruit were sweet enogh that I didn't add it back in. I used 2 TBLS of Triple Sec, for the orange zing! "I found that I couldn't even taste the Lavender, so I would probably skip it next time I make it. My grapefruit were at room temp so the mixture took a longer than usual to chill in my gelato machine about 35 minutes instead of the usual 20, even so this was a quick and delicious dessert which I'm glad to have discoverd through ZWT3.