1/1 Photo of Pink Grapefruit Sorbet
4 hrs 15 mins
I adapted this from a recipe I got off of the Cuisinart web site; this is a little more tart, with a little less sugar than originally called for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: To make the grapefruit zest, simply grate the rind of the grapefruit. Be sure to get only the rind, and not the pith (the white part) beneath the rind.
- 2Make simple syrup: Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil, without stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Combine grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, and lemon juice.
- 4Add grapefruit mixture to simple syrup. Mix well.
- 5Refrigerate for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- 6Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Grapefruit Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: