Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh so pretty in pink, but may be tinted blue--or any color you wish!!! Great for baby showers, luncheons, pool or beach parties, luaus, etc. I like to serve the bowl of dip nestled in a bed of ice, alongside a carved watermelon-half filled with fresh pineapple chunks, melon balls, strawberries and grapes. From my son's friend Cindy G., who got the recipe from a caterer in upstate NY. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces marshmallow creme (comes in a jar, store bought is fine) or 8 ounces marshmallow cream (comes in a jar, store bought is fine)
- 3 drops red food coloring (or blue)
- Mix together the sour cream and the marshmallow creme (equal parts).
- Blend in 3 drops of food coloring to make a pretty light pink color.
- Keep refrigerated or on ice until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite fresh fruit dippers.
Made this just to see how it would do as a dip, & I'm satisfied that it'll be GREAT! However, instead of serving it up that way, I used it as a topping for bowls of fresh fruit (apple, banana, orange, grapes, melon) & that's a wonderful way to serve is, as well! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Think Pink Tag Game in Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness]