Recipe by evelyn/athens
Don't be put off by the name. The 'pink' is the colour the cream sauce takes on with the addition of the tomatoes. It's delicious (and pink).
Top Review by Darkhunter
Excellent! Will make this again! 5-star all the way! Only thing different was my subbing ham for the prosciutto. The only market in town doesn't carry prosciutto, and I hadn't made my monthly run to the city. Thnx so much for sharing this recipe, evelyn. Made for THINK PINK Oct 2009.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup drained canned crushed tomatoes, in little pieces of pureed
- 5 ounces prosciutto, cut into julienne strips
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino cheese (or more)
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter over moderately-high heat until foam subsides.
- Saute garlic and broccoli, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Add cream to skillet and simmer, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes, prosciutto and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; season to taste (I now puree the tomatoes before using as one of my kids does not like tomato 'pieces' in his food).
- Cook fettucine until al dente.
- In a large bowl, toss fettucine with 1/3 of the sauce until coated well.
- Transfer to serving plates and spoon remaining sauce and vegetables over.
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with parsley.