Don't be put off by the name. The 'pink' is the colour the cream sauce takes on with the addition of the tomatoes. It's delicious (and pink).
- Heat butter over moderately-high heat until foam subsides.
- Saute garlic and broccoli, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Add cream to skillet and simmer, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes, prosciutto and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; season to taste (I now puree the tomatoes before using as one of my kids does not like tomato 'pieces' in his food).
- Cook fettucine until al dente.
- In a large bowl, toss fettucine with 1/3 of the sauce until coated well.
- Transfer to serving plates and spoon remaining sauce and vegetables over.
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with parsley.
Excellent! Will make this again! 5-star all the way! Only thing different was my subbing ham for the prosciutto. The only market in town doesn't carry prosciutto, and I hadn't made my monthly run to the city. Thnx so much for sharing this recipe, evelyn. Made for THINK PINK Oct 2009.
Evelyn, we enjoyed this recipe very much, I used tomato sauce in place of the crushed for a lighter flavor and used 1 cup whipping cream and one cup milk and subbed Parmesan for the Pecorino Thanks...Kitten:)