Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't be put off by the name. The 'pink' is the colour the cream sauce takes on with the addition of the tomatoes. It's delicious (and pink).
- Heat butter over moderately-high heat until foam subsides.
- Saute garlic and broccoli, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Add cream to skillet and simmer, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes, prosciutto and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; season to taste (I now puree the tomatoes before using as one of my kids does not like tomato 'pieces' in his food).
- Cook fettucine until al dente.
- In a large bowl, toss fettucine with 1/3 of the sauce until coated well.
- Transfer to serving plates and spoon remaining sauce and vegetables over.
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with parsley.
Excellent! Will make this again! 5-star all the way! Only thing different was my subbing ham for the prosciutto. The only market in town doesn't carry prosciutto, and I hadn't made my monthly run to the city. Thnx so much for sharing this recipe, evelyn. Made for THINK PINK Oct 2009.
Evelyn, we enjoyed this recipe very much, I used tomato sauce in place of the crushed for a lighter flavor and used 1 cup whipping cream and one cup milk and subbed Parmesan for the Pecorino Thanks...Kitten:)