Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
reduced calorie. Fancy looking, yet easy to make. The combination and colors make it equally good as a Summer time treat or Valentines day dessert. For the US Fourth of July or Memorial day Holidays try garnishing the top with some fresh strawberries and blueberries, to give it a red, white & blue flag motif.
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream (Fluff)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) jar no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (3 ounce) packagelady finger sponge cakes
- 7 ounces aerosol can light whipped topping
- 1 (9 inch) pre-baked deep dish pie shells
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
- Pre-bake a Deep 9 inch pie shell and thoroughly cool it.
- Spread the jar of strawberry preserves evenly over the bottom of the cooled pie shell.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Mascarpone cheese, marshmallow cream, and Splenda. Beat at high speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy. If using a KitchenAid mixer, use the wire whisk, not the paddle beater.
- With a silicone spatula or wooden spoon move the cheese mixture into the pie shell on top of the strawberry preserves. Gently spread the cheese mixture evenly. (It is crucial that the pie shell is not still warm. A slightly warm pie shell would not have harmed the strawberry preserves, but it would cause the cheese mixture to melt and loose volume). Set the filled pie shell aside in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Place the strawberry jello powder in a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup of boiling water into the gelatin, stirring at least 2 minutes, until totally dissolved. Stir in 1 cup of cold water.
- Remove pie from the refrigerator. Working quickly so that you don't water log your lady fingers, dip the lady fingers in the strawberry gelatin and place on top of the pie like bicycle spokes or daisy petals. You should now have a pink Daisey design on top. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving create another set of spokes / daisy petals by spraying the whipped cream between each of the pink spokes. So you end up with pink, white, pink and so on. Lastly in the very center pour some sugar free chocolate syrup, so that it becomes the center of your daisy (like a Black eye Susan or sunflower). Drizzle additional chocolate syrup if desired over the whipped cream spokes.
- Notes: For the Lady Fingers, I used the soft type from the supermarkets bread section not the hard ones in the cookie aisle. I approximated the ¼ cup of chocolate syrup. The brand I had came in a squeeze bottle so I just squeezed in my center and did the same to create the drizzle. For the crust I used one of the refrigerated pie doughs that you unfold and bake. If you wanted to make this totally no-bake in the Summer, you could use a pre-made graham cracker crust. I have seen those now in the baking aisle. This pie gets better the longer it's refrigerated. I had a left over piece a few days after I made it and it was even better than the first day. Cook time was minimal for pre-baking the pie shell and heating the gelatin. 6 hours prep includes the minimal assembly and 4 hours refrigeration. This would be more if you leave it for the recommended overnight refrigeration.
This was an excellent recipe!! And to make it even better it was sorta healthy! I would not change a thing about this recipe except make more.