Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from www.rawguru.com. Perfect for the holiday season!!!
Make and share this Pink Cranberry Cider (Raw Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 quarts cranberry juice (no store bought juice, must be juiced by you!)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- agave nectar, to taste
- In a big bowl, combine orange juice, orange zest, cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, and ginger.
- Taste, and add agave if desired.
- Serve chilled or warm it up in a pot and serve warm. Make sure the heat doesn't go above 100 degrees F.
I cut this recipe in half because I didn't have enough cranberries to make a full quart of juice, but that certainly detract from the final taste, which was oh, so satisfying! I added just the smallest amount of honey to sweeten, but we both really enjoyed it's tart/sweet taste! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #33]
This is good warm and tastes like the holiday season. It is a really strong drink and good for preventing UTIs. I used real 100% organic cranberry juice so that should count in the juiced by me aspect. I think the point is not to use cocktail. I did replace the agave nectar with honey by choice though agave is sweeter so would probably work well in this. I drank it warm with DD (toddler) who kept making a face but coming back to sip more. If I make this again I will put in more orange juice. By the way it is very dark I wouldnt consider the colour to be pink. Made for Think Pink Tag.