Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy cold shake for the hot weather. Recipe from Woman's Day.
- 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup
- 1⁄4 cup club soda or 1⁄4 cup cream soda
- 3 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup soda pop, such as cola
- 1 fresh strawberries
- Into a tall 12 ounce glass, pour strawberry syrup, the club or cream soda and stir.
- Add 2 small scoops of the ice cream and 1/4 cup of the soda to the glass and stir slightly.
- Top with 1 small scoop ice cream.
- Garnish glass with a fresh strawberry.
Odd combination (used club soda and Pepsi) but my DS's thought this was Super! Instead of garnishing with a strawberry I added whipped cream.
Since my mother loves strawberries I thought this would be a nice drink for her to try. I used club soda and diet coke, but the coke tasted really funny mixed with all the other ingredients. I think maybe sprite or another citrus soda would work much better. Also it seemed really really sweet. I would cut back on the syrup next time... but me and my mother dont like really sweet things to begin with. Good recipe thats easy to prepare, but just not my cup of tea.