Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
High protein, low calorie. Sometimes I need something sweet. This makes a good snack, better than chips or candy bar. It also sneaks cottage cheese into my sons diet.
- 453.59 g container fat-free cottage cheese
- 8.50 g boxjell-o sugar-free strawberry gelatin (4 serving size)
- 113.39 g Cool Whip Lite
- 566.99 g can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- In food processor, blend cottage cheese til smooth.
- Sprinkle dry Jello over top and blend with Cool Whip and pineapple.
- Refrigerate several hours for Jello to dissolve.
I had to have a great snack to keep my sugar from dropping too low last night and this was excellent! I loved the combo of strawberry and pineapple flavors. Healthy, fruity protein treat. Thanks for posting Miss Rat! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
The only thing that i would add is walnuts. It gives another texture dimension. I chop them in a food processor till they are small enough.
Had a burst of nostalgia and decided to make this salad. Was exactly as I remembered and easy to stir together. I thought the kids would enjoy it, surprisingly they did not. Thanks for sharing the recipe!