2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These are so adorable. They would be good for a girls party or a shower. These need to be made ahead of time as they are a bit labor-intensive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1Make the cupcakes:.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F; prepare 10 large size muffin tins. I suggest not using paper liners for this. If you do you will have to remove them before frosting.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about five minutes.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 5Beat well.
- 6Sift flour with baking powder and soda.
- 7Add 1/4 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then add vanilla and 1/3 of the buttermilk.
- 8Repeat, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrap well after each addition.
- 9Fold in coconut.
- 10Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake about 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Cool in tins about 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely. If you used paper liners, remove the liners.
- 12Make the frosting:.
- 13Combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl and beat until smooth and spreadable. Add a drop of food coloring and blend to make a light pink frosting.
- 14To make the snowballs:.
- 15When cupcakes are cool, freeze them on parchment paper about 20 minutes.
- 16Spread a thick, even layer of frosting all over each cupcake, sides and bottom too.
- 17Freeze on parchment again for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 day.
- 18Spread a second, thick, even layer of frosting all over them.
- 19Sprinkle generously with coconut, about 1/4 cup per snowball.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Coconut Snowball Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.0
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Sodium 549.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 67.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g