Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 (20 ounce) cancrushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, mix the pineapple and cherry jello.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water.
- Chill mixture until soft set.
- Fold in cottage cheese, cool whip and pecans.
- Chill until congealed firm.
I remember growing up thinking cottage cheese and congealed type salads were disgusting until I actually tried this. We always had it with strawberry Jello though. I don't like cherry. So glad I found this with all the right proportions. I had lost the recipe. Very good I'd say even if you don't like cottage cheese OR congealed salads! It's not the prettiest thing either.