Recipe by Sydney Mike
I believe this recipe came from a pile of JUNKET Danish Dessert recipes that my mom had [she had a number of them], but I'm not sure! Nevertheless, it is a nice way to jazz up the pudding! Preparation time does not include time needed for pudding to chill.
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) package strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix, JUNKET brand
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed (but DON'T drain)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare JUNKET Danish Dessert AS PIE FILLING, according to directions on package, then let cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl & with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese & sugar until smooth & creamy.
- To the cream cheese mixture, gradually add cooled Danish Dessert mixture, along with strawberries & lemon juice.
- Fold in whipped cream, then pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole or serving bowl.
- Chill before serving.