1/1 Photo of Pink Cherry Coconut Cake
TexasToast R's Note:
This recipe comes from the Riverside Cup of Tea's, (where I used to work as a server) cookbook. It is quite beautiful with its three layers and pink icing and yummy if you like coconut, pecans and marischino cherries. The original recipe called for a full cup of oil. I've changed it a bit to make it a little lighter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package cherry chip cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1Beat first six ingredients together for 4 minutes. Fold in coconut and cherries to cake mixture.
- 2Line bottom of three 8" or 9" cake pans with wax paper or parchment paper or just spray pans with cooking spray.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. Test with a toothpick. Cool in pans 10-15 minutes. Remove and fully cool.
- 4Frosting: Mix powdered sugar with butter, shortening, milk, cherry juice, and vanilla. Then add pecans, cherries and coconut. (Add more liquid or powdered sugar to desired consistency.) Frost in between each cake layer, then finish with the sides and top.
- 5Store in refrigerator until serving time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Cherry Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 346.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 57.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cherry chip cake mix