1/3 Photos of Pink Champagne Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Jessica K's Note:
This is a very easy to make cake that tastes elegant! I got this out of a magazine years ago and every year i have to hunt for it so now am posting on Zaar for safe keeping. UPDATE: There used to be a white cake mix that had no oil added to it but it has since been discontinued. For the cake mix use the specified amount of oil on the cake mix box and amount of eggs. this is just to replace the water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces white cake mix, no pudding, and must be white to taste champagne
- 1/2-3/4 cup champagne, chilled (pink, white, sweet, dry)
- 1Use a box of white cake mix (NO pudding) and substitute champagne - 1/2 to 3/4 cup to replace all of the liquid called for in the cake mix. So if the box says 3/4 cup water replace with 3/4 cup champagne. I did use one that had 1 1/4 cups water and replaced with champagne, just depends on the cake mix brand you buy. The kind of champagne/sparkling wine (pink, white, sweet, dry) used will determine the flavor. I usually just buy the cheap pink sparkling stuff in the grocery store, it's sweet and yummy in this!
- 2Tint with red food coloring to a soft pink, use a drop at a time, this stuff will stain, probably take about 3 drops.
- 3Bake cake as instructed on box. I usually make in 9x13-inch pan, but for an elegant layer cake use two 9 round cake pans, a heart pan would be perfect for Valentine's Day!
- 4Creamy champagne frosting:.
- 5Beat 1 cup softened butter for 30 seconds. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar.
- 6Beat in 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup champagne, and 1 TB vanilla.
- 7Beat in 5-5 1/2 more cups powdered sugar till you can spread it or is consistency you want.
- 8Add red coloring till pink color, again slowly add a drop at a time till color you want. Frost completely cooled cake.
- 9This is excellent served the next day after being refrigerated all night so the flavors can blend!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Champagne Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 321.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 84.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g