Recipe by Chef Kaydia Ji
Sometimes I don't feel like coffee or tea in the morning, but we all need our caffeine these days. This recipe can vary with orange or white grapefruit juice, but i'll stick to ruby. Don't like energy drinks? Use seltzer flavored w/ lemon or lime...but I'm addicted.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
DELICIOUS!!! I used ruby red and what a great alternative if you aren't in the mood for tea or coffee. Thank you for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
- 1⁄2 cup citrus juice, frozen (I use ruby red grapefruit)
- 1 (8 1/3 ounce) can Red Bull energy drink, as cold as you can get it (most energy drinks with citrus flavor work)
- 3 fluid ounces vodka (2 shots)
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw frozen juice and bull together and blend. Pretty straight forward.
- For more slush, return to freezer while you get your other morning chores done. After showering and all, it should be fairly solid.
- For night time, add vodka before blending. I reccomend sharing, because it'll melt awfully fast and downing it on your own is going to give you brain freeze. You can also serve it in a small rim glass like a frozen greyhound cocktail.