Recipe by the80srule
Adapted from Pink Pillows. I'm sure this would do great if you doubled it to make cupcakes! Great kid-pleaser. Originally called for a whole stick of butter but I halved the butter and subbed the other half with applesauce. Kept the moisture and flavor, but not the calories! :) And if you want to make these into "real" brownies? Use chocolate Nesquik powder and beat in some chocolate chips towards the end. Or...vanilla Nesquik to make blondies! These are VERY soft and cake-like-- would make an awesome cake/cupcakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can also use self-rising flour (if so, omit the salt and baking soda. AP and cake flours need it.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (use dry cup set to measure! Not a liquid measuring cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Semi-melt the butter in the microwave (about 20 seconds on high) do not fully melt it, but get it intensely soft.
- Beat the butter, applesauce, sugar, Nesquik, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until melded and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Grease an 8x8 square baking pan with cooking spray, and using a rubber scraper pour the batter into the pan and get it in there as leveled as possible.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- I cut it into 12ths-- and this would yield about 12-14 cupcakes. Double the recipe for 24.