Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Dutch soup is one to fall in love with. The gorgeous rosy color makes it ideal for Valentine's Day or a romantic dinner, but it is such a cinch to make and so delicious to eat, you could serve it any time! For an extra romantic presentation, cut some hearts out of a thinly sliced disk of cooked beetroot. This is also a perfect dish to have during Breast Cancer Awareness month. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced cooked red beetroots (500 g)
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 7⁄8 cup orange juice
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup full cream yoghurt
- In a soup pot, add the beet cubes to vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Allow to cook gently for four minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add the orange juice and the creme freche and allow to come to the boil again. If the soup is too thick, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water.
- Season the soup with worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. If preparing this dish ahead of time, allow the soup to cool and store it in the fridge. If you plan to eat it straight away, pour the soup into bowls. Stir a bit of salt through the yoghurt and, using a spoon, carefully create yoghurt spirals in the soup.