1/1 Photo of Pink Bean, Quinoa, and Spinach Soup
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
A recipe from Nava Atlas' Vegan Express. I've omitted the oil in the original recipe but if you prefer you can use 1 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in step 1 instead of sauteing the veggies in broth or water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 salt-free vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (good-quality)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink beans, drained and rinsed (I used pintos)
- 5 -6 ounces baby spinach leaves, well rinsed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat a bit of water or broth in large non-stick soup pot; add the onion and sauté over medium-low heat until translucent; add the carrots and garlic, and continue to sauté until all are golden, about 5 minutes.
- 2Rinse quinoa thoroughly in cold water.
- 3Add 6 cups water and the bouillon cubes, tomatoes, rinsed quinoa, beans, and spices to the soup pot; bring to a rapid simmer, then cover and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender.
- 4Add the spinach, cover and cook for just a minute or two, until it is wilted, then stir spinach in, adjusting the consistency with a little more water if the soup is too dense; season with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Bean, Quinoa, and Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes