Recipe by Dienia B.
Made with Dream Whip, strawberry Jell-O and angel food cake. I'm putting Cool Whip instead of Dream Whip or real whipping cream which recipe calls for.
Top Review by Debbwl
Very much like something my mother used to make many years ago. This came together very quickly and had nice spring flavors. I used fresh strawberries but think frozen would work just as well. Thanks for the post.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 cup strawberry juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix strawberry Jell-O with boiling water then cold water.
- Chill until slightly congealed.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Mascerate strawberries with sugar.
- Drain juice off to get 1 cup.
- Mix Cool Whip with the strawberries; mix into Jell-O mixture.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces; don't use any browned parts.
- Alternate cake with Jell-O mixture in 9 x 2 x 13 inch pan.
- Chill until firm.
- For the glaze, cook the strawberry juice, cornstarch, and butter until thickened; cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons 1/2 and 1/2 cream.
- When cool drizzle on top of dessert.