Made with Dream Whip, strawberry Jell-O and angel food cake. I'm putting Cool Whip instead of Dream Whip or real whipping cream which recipe calls for.
- Mix strawberry Jell-O with boiling water then cold water.
- Chill until slightly congealed.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Mascerate strawberries with sugar.
- Drain juice off to get 1 cup.
- Mix Cool Whip with the strawberries; mix into Jell-O mixture.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces; don't use any browned parts.
- Alternate cake with Jell-O mixture in 9 x 2 x 13 inch pan.
- Chill until firm.
- For the glaze, cook the strawberry juice, cornstarch, and butter until thickened; cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons 1/2 and 1/2 cream.
- When cool drizzle on top of dessert.
Very much like something my mother used to make many years ago. This came together very quickly and had nice spring flavors. I used fresh strawberries but think frozen would work just as well. Thanks for the post.