Recipe by White Rose Child
Not overpoweringly sweet, this breakfast has tasty fall flavors. When pink lady apples are available and at their best, use them for a wonderful flavor in this muesli.
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk (see my recipe if you don't have any on hand)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 apple, pink lady if you can find 'em
- 2 -3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried sweetened cranberries (optional)
- soy yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, mix the oats and spices together in a bowl, then add the soymilk.
- Add the pecans too if you want to soften them a bit.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, grate 1/2 the apple (no need to peel) and stir it into the oats, along with pecans if you didn't add them yet.
- Stir in yogurt if desired.
- Dice the other half of the apple and dump it on top.
- Add the cranberries if you want a sweeter muesli. You can either add them the night before, or soak for 2-3 minutes in hot water to cover,drain and sprinkle them on in the morning. (They'll make your muesli really pink!).