Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Home Cooking Magazine
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and hulled
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 6 ounces angel food cake (half of 12 oz cake)
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- Slice strawberries and set half of them aside with the raspberries. Place remaining strawberries in a mixing bowl with the sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Mash with fork and let stand until they are juicy.
- Combine jam and remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice.
- Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers using a serrated knife. Spread jam onto bottom and middle layers and reassemble cake. When ready to serve, overlap 2 slices on each of 4 dessert plates.
- Stir reserved strawberries and raspberries into mashed berries. Top each cake slice with a spoonful of berries and a dollop of yogurt. Serve immediately.