Recipe by Lorac
A lovely shrimp and avocado pasta salad spiked with chopped red chili balanced by fresh basil and cilantro. Serve with crusty bread and sparkling dry Italian white wine. The salad can be made ahead of time and chilled but don't prepare and add the avocado until serving time. This a new recipe from "The Cook's Encyclopedia".
Top Review by Maria100
Absolutely delicious!! I just made it for my family for dinner and they loved it. Since we didn't have a few of the ingredients, I made it without the mayonnaise, cilantro and chili, but it was still wonderful!
- 2 cups farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 small fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced just before serving
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine lemon, chili pepper, half the basil and cilantro, add oil and mayonnaise and whisk until thick, season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, shrimp and avocado to a large bowl, gently stir in the dressing and garnish with the remaining basil and cilantro.