1 hr 25 mins
This is a replica of a famous dessert served at a restaurant in Santa Fe. The recipe appears long, but includes directions for a 9 inch double crust pie and an optional sauce. You can save time by buying premade crust and skipping the sauce. The pie is a delicious blend of apples, spices, nuts and raisins. It's a local favorite in West Texas and New Mexico.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inch double crust)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 -7 tablespoons water
- 5 -7 cooking apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400° (you'll reduce to 350°F.).
- 2Mix flour, shortening, and salt together, until dough resembles course meal.
- 3Add water a little at a time until dough sticks together.
- 4Divide dough in half and roll out and line the bottom of a nine inch pie plate.
- 5Fill with apples and sprinkle with cinnamon, lemon juice, and nutmeg.
- 6Spread 1/2 cup sugar and raisins over apples.
- 7Mix brown sugar with flour and spread over whole mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with nuts and dot with melted butter.
- 9Sprinkle with 1/4 cup water.
- 10Roll out remaining dough and seal edges and flute.
- 11Brush with milk.
- 12Bake at 400° F.
- 13for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350° F.
- 14and bake for 30 more minutes.
- 15May cover edges with foil if they brown too quickly.
- 16While pie is baking prepare sauce: In a sauce pan melt butter and mix with water.
- 17Remove from heat and mix in sugr and brandy, may add more water if too thick.
- 18Serve sauce over pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Adobe Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6732.0
- Calories from Fat 3318
- Total Fat 368.6 g
- Saturated Fat 103.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 4724.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 823.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.9 g
- Sugars 409.1 g
- Protein 59.9 g