Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Served at the members club dining room at Pinehurst, these are absolutely delicious. I found the recipe in a locally-published resort-affliated magazine and made sure I didn't lose it! Very good and worth the effort... EDITED to say: This muffin is like some fruit cakes where there seems to be mostly fruit and very little cake; there is just enough batter to hold the nuts, coconut, raisins, apples, & carrots together. Feel free to experiment to make them suit you and your family!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 small apple, peeled,cored & grated
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350; line muffin tins w/ paper liners or grease lightly.
- Sift dry ingredients together in lg mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and butter; stir into dry ingredients til well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients til thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or til tester comes out clean.
- Notes: Can be made in larger muffin cups but will require longer baking time; use the “toothpick comes out clean” method for testing doneness.
these were very good but i added buttermilk to the mix cause i think it needed it please write me if im wrong dee i also put in some marmalade in it