- 250 g package cream cheese, softened (light works fine)
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese (the recipe calls for tex mex cheese, but I used medium cheddar, and I'm sure swiss would work well,)
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml chopped canned green chilies
- 78.07 ml sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- Stir in green chilies.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes so that it is easier to handle and shape.
- Remove from freezer and place on wax paper.
- Shape into what resembles a pinecone.
- Stick the almonds into the cheese ball in rows that completely cover the cheese ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Let the cheese ball stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers.