Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe in Kraft's 'What's Cooking' magazine. It is very impressive looking, so I decided I had to try it.
- 250 g package cream cheese, softened (light works fine)
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese (the recipe calls for tex mex cheese, but I used medium cheddar, and I'm sure swiss would work well,)
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml chopped canned green chilies
- 78.07 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- Stir in green chilies.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes so that it is easier to handle and shape.
- Remove from freezer and place on wax paper.
- Shape into what resembles a pinecone.
- Stick the almonds into the cheese ball in rows that completely cover the cheese ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Let the cheese ball stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers.
it was fun to make
I made two of these for an outdoor-themed wedding reception. One with Pepper Jack cheese and one with Cheddar (omitting the chilis for that one). They were a HUGE hit!! :) Easy to make ahead of time and very yummy! The only thing is that I thought they were going to be bigger. Thanks for sharing.
This is soo very good!! Wasn't too spicy either...just right for me. I used whole almonds, because the sliced weren't pretty. Thanks, Jaime, it's a keeper!