Recipe by out of here
This is so much better than zucchini bread. I got this recipe from North Carolina, where there are so many good cooks.Everybody plants zucchini so must use it up. "WASTE NOT WANT NOT."
Top Review by A Spiring Chef
This recipe is good, but after I tasted it, it seemed flat to me. Then I thought maybe it's because there is no salt. I think I might try it again and add about 1/2 tsp. of salt and see if that helps. I remember hearing that you really have to have a little salt in all your baking.
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini in sieve; let drain 30 minutes.
- Drain pineapple.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; coat the inside of 10 inch tube pan with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and allspice in a large bowl.
- Mix together eggs, oil, pineapple juice and vanilla in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Press zucchini to remove excess liquid.
- Add drained zucchini, pineapple, and raisins to bowl; mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden toothpick comes out clean (about 55 minutes).