Top Review by Anne V.
I used 1 cup unsweetened applesauce in place of the oil to lighten it up a bit. I used golden raisins this time along with sliced almonds & kind of crumbled them up in the batter. I also added fresh lime & orange zest along with some fresh juice from the lime & orange (up to the individual as to how much). I baked mine off in a 9x13 pan.
I also topped it this time with a cream cheese icing (just cream cheese, butter, & powdered sugar. I used 4 ounces cream cheese, 2 ounces butter, & 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar (this amount worked perfectly as I doubled the recipe & made 2 9x13 pans). I also put some fresh lime zest along with fresh orange & lime juices in it.
This made a scrumptious bread that can be eaten any time. My family & friends can't stop raving about it.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed dry in paper towel)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to batter.
- Pour in nuts and raisins and stir.
- Pour batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Freezes beautifully.