Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
When we have zucchini, this is the one I make most often. The whole family loves it.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- In lg bowl, mix the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients; add to egg mixture just until moistened through.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
Great breakfast bread! I ran out of cake flour, so added 1 cup of whole wheat flour and it was good. Thanks, Carole
This loaf was so moist! I could hardly taste the pineapple. Another winner with my colleagues at work who couldn't guess what was in it except for the pecans and raisins.
I substituted 1/2 c. oil and scant 1/2 c. applesauce for the 1 c. oil called for in the recipe. It turned out moist & tasted fine. The recipe could use a more flavoring/spice. I enjoyed the bits of pineapple. My kids loved it!