Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious zucchini bread made even more delectable and moist with crushed pineapple. The addition of grated carrots and chopped walnuts meld really well with the zucchini and pineapple.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. blend in pineapple, zucchini and carrots. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Cool on wire racks.
- Tip: If you have an abundance of zucchini on hand, grate the zucchini and some carrots and store them in freezer bags (2 cups zucchini and 1/2 cup of carrots). This freezes really well and you will always have the zucchini and carrots on hand to make this bread in the fall and winter months. This will also save time during the preparation.
I made this for the first time last summer and we loved it!! The suggestion of freezing the extra Zucchini & Carrots is awesome. I did that and had wonderful bread through out the winter. This year I had even more Zucchini and made the Pineapple Zucchini that is also on this site so I made this years bread with that and my Zucchini - so I guess I made Zucchini Zucchini Bread - It is fantastic!
Wow wow this is so tasty and easy to make. I got 3 loaves 2 smaller size and 1 larger. I used applesauce. made for zWT5 for the Cooks with Dirty Faces,Thanks for posting the recipe.
Verry yummy! I also used the flax seed substitute and the applesauce to lower the fat, it turned out very nice. personaly I would maybee grind up the pineapple a little further before adding, otherwise a great recipe it's so nice that it can be changed to be healthier, what a great way to eat your veggies too! :)