Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Delicious zucchini bread made even more delectable and moist with crushed pineapple. The addition of grated carrots and chopped walnuts meld really well with the zucchini and pineapple.
Top Review by Sharkkool
I made this for the first time last summer and we loved it!! The suggestion of freezing the extra Zucchini & Carrots is awesome. I did that and had wonderful bread through out the winter. This year I had even more Zucchini and made the Pineapple Zucchini that is also on this site so I made this years bread with that and my Zucchini - so I guess I made Zucchini Zucchini Bread - It is fantastic!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. blend in pineapple, zucchini and carrots. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Cool on wire racks.
- Tip: If you have an abundance of zucchini on hand, grate the zucchini and some carrots and store them in freezer bags (2 cups zucchini and 1/2 cup of carrots). This freezes really well and you will always have the zucchini and carrots on hand to make this bread in the fall and winter months. This will also save time during the preparation.