Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is different than all the others posted as far as I can tell. My boyfriend made this for me one day after I had worked an especially long stressful day. It was amazing! This recipe comes from the September 2006 Pillsbury cookbooklet.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 small)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained (reserve 1 tablespoon liquid for glaze)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Glaze(use 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 and grease and flour the bottom only of a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- For the Bread: In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. With spoon, stir in zucchini, pineapple and eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and allspice until well blended. Fold in walnuts. Spread evenly in pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over warm loaf. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Store in refrigerator. It will stay fresh for several days.
This bread is nice and moist with good flavor. I was afraid the glaze would be too much, but it was a nice addition. I made an 8-inch loaf and a pan of mini muffins. Thanks for posting!