Recipe by Kansas A
This recipe was recently "found" again. It originally came from my Mom who got if from someone about 30 years ago. I made it with whole wheat flour and no nuts (hubby & daughter are allergic) and it won first place in our 61st annual Fall Fair this year. (2006)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups raw zucchini, grated & squeezed
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups flour (I use whole wheat but white is fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until blended.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, and pineapple.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir into egg mixture along with nuts.
- Bake in two greased loaf pans (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5)at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- **Note: The loaf in the photo has been made with 100% whole wheat flour and instead of nuts I added raisins. I also doubled the recipe. The zucchini was previously grated and frozen so juice and all was added -- I had extra zucchini so a bit extra was added.