Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like pineapple, you will love this cake.
Top Review by JPsBarbie
I couldn't believe my family all actually agreed on something. My husband, daughter, and son all liked this cake! It was amazing and one of the few times at least one of them couldn't find something they didn't like. Before they tasted it though they all voiced their disappointment that I didn't make any of their usual cake choices and made something different. (How dare I!) Afterwards though I was given permission to make it again whenever I felt like as long as it was SOON!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake:.
- Beat flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda and pineapple with its juices in a large bowl, about 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on rack.
- Meanwhile prepare icing:.
- Combine milk, sugar and margarine in a medium size saucepan.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until consistency of thick soup.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut, pecans, and vanilla.
- Let cool.
- Pour over cake.