Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Looking through my recent gem of an older community cookbook found in one of my favorite antique stores, I found this delightful salad. It will go with almost any meal and could even be used as a dessert!
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pint whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring the crushed pineapple with its juice to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon jello followed by the cream cheese.
- Use a mixer, if needed, to get any lumps of the cream cheese out.
- Chill about 20 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped cream and spoon into a large pretty glass bowl.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Thank you so much for posting this great recipe. Years ago I always made this and everyone loved it. But lost the recipe. Going to make it for our 4th get to gether, it will bring back memories.