Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tested Till Perfect by Canadian Living. Here's a delicious twist on the Swiss tradition of serving pineapple and kirsch at the end of a meal to aid digestion. Serve with steaming hot tea.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup kirsch or 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 golden pineapple, peeled and cored
- In small saucepan, bring sugar, kirsch and 2 tbsp water to boil over medium-high heat, swirling to dissolve sugar.
- Let cool. (You may make-ahead and refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.).
- Cut pineapple into bite-size pieces and place in large glass bowl. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; drain.)
- Add half of the syrup and toss.
- Divide among dessert dishes; pass remaining syrup.
This is certainly very easy. The syrup was very alcoholy. Maybe I should have boiled it longer? I did use canned pineapple. I used juice instead of water in the syrup. When it was still strong after cooking, I added more juice. We liked it. My younger dd (12) LOVED it. I served it with whipped cream, lol. I think it would be a good ice cream topping. Made for Veggie Swap 3/13.