Recipe by ColCadsMom
I requested recipes from Panama City Beach, FL restaurants in the recipe request, and Buddy P posted this response for me. I am submitting it immediately so that it won't be lost! Thanks Chef#126703! I can't wait to make it!
- 1⁄2 large onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 cups catsup
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄3 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, garlic, and Jack Daniel's Whiskey in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Saute' until onion and garlic are translucent, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and light mixture; flame for 20 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a medium simmer.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Run sauce through a medium strainer to remove onion and garlic bits if you prefer a smoother sauce.
- Cool and enjoy.
- NOTE: This sauce gets better with age. If time permits, keep it in the refrigerator a day or so to develop a deeper, richer taste.