Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I love tea and pineapple juice, but had never had them like this together. This was a wonderful switch from my apple cider recipe I usually make.
Top Review by A Good Thing
Even though it's winter here, I found it very difficult to get into a hot drink tonight. Will make this again when I'm not stuffing myself with Amy's other "mocktails". War, and fruity, it was. (:
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 orange pekoe tea bags, regular size
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add tea bags and cover; steep 10 minutes and discard tea bags.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until well heated.
- Discard cloves and cinnamon stick and pour into mugs.