Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on the internet a couple of years ago when our apple tree was very abundant. I am not sure where it came from but it is good. The tree is loaded again this year so I expect to be making it again soon. Cook time is chill time.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, celery, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and pineapple juice.
- Add to fruit mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This made a very tasty salad, which I'm sure I'll be making often. I did scale the recipe to allow for a smaller number of servings. I also put the chopped apple in a weak saltwater solution to prevent it from turning brown, and I drained it well before mixing it with the other ingredients. In the end I added a little more mayonnaise and yogurt because I wanted more dressing and added just a sprinkling of black pepper. Thank you very much for posting this recipe.