Recipe by Roosie
Really interesting sounding chili recipe from Claudia from the Simple Living message boards. She says that 1 cup = 3.5 WW points. Claudia says "* 'So Soya' ground beef comes in a box (in the the produce section of Loblaws where I am in Canada) and is a dry soy product that will absorb the moisture and flavor in a recipe and expand. You could leave this out - it wasn't in the original recipe, but I love to add it." Let me know how it turns out!
Top Review by Charlami
We made this for dinner last night. It was great. We left out the mushroom because of an allergy. I wasn't able to get So Soya so we just added a cup of Frontier Bulk Soy Textured Protein (1/4" Pieces), CERTIFIED ORGANIC, 1 lb. package instead. This turned out wonderful and my father who doesn't eat animal products was able to enjoy dinner at my house for a change. Thanks!
- 2 (19 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup so soya tofu crumbles (see above comments)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except "So Soya" ground beef in a large pot and simmer, covered, on low for 4 hours, stirring frequently.
- Take cover off, add "So Soya" ground beef and let simmer until the desired consistency is reached, approximately 1 hour, stirring frequently.