Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband's favorite cake :)
Make and share this Pineapple Upsidedown Cake Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 8 pineapple rings
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and water in a large mixing bowl and beat till batter is smooth and even.
- In a large cast iron skillet oven medium high heat, melt the stick of butter. Once bubbly turn off heat and add the brown sugar and mix till well blended.
- Place your pineapple rings evenly in the sugar/butter fallowed by a cherry fr inside each ring.
- Pour the cake batter over the rings and cherries and place in the oven for 40 -45 minutes. Insert a tooth pick to check if the cake is done. A clean toothpick indicates a ready cake.
- Allow the skillet to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake. If you wait too long the cake may stick and wont come out clean and pretty.
- With a large round platter face down over the skillet hold the plate and skillet firmly and flip them so the plate is down and the skillet is on top. Carefully lift the skillet away from the plate.
- Let the cake stand a few hours before serving, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy :).
just made this pineapple upside down cake and it was simple and delish, I know the recipe says to wait 2hours for it to cool but I didn't , I will make this again