1/1 Photo of Pineapple Upsidedown Cake Skillet
My husband's favorite cake :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and water in a large mixing bowl and beat till batter is smooth and even.
- 3In a large cast iron skillet oven medium high heat, melt the stick of butter. Once bubbly turn off heat and add the brown sugar and mix till well blended.
- 4Place your pineapple rings evenly in the sugar/butter fallowed by a cherry fr inside each ring.
- 5Pour the cake batter over the rings and cherries and place in the oven for 40 -45 minutes. Insert a tooth pick to check if the cake is done. A clean toothpick indicates a ready cake.
- 6Allow the skillet to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake. If you wait too long the cake may stick and wont come out clean and pretty.
- 7With a large round platter face down over the skillet hold the plate and skillet firmly and flip them so the plate is down and the skillet is on top. Carefully lift the skillet away from the plate.
- 8Let the cake stand a few hours before serving, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upsidedown Cake Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.8
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 446.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 51.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g