Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a pretty presentation of a dish. You invert the pan to reveal pineapple and brown sugar on top.
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons firm packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (18 ounce) can sweet potatoes, vacuum packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon firm packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9" pan with cooking spray.
- Combine margarine, brown sugar, and maple syrup in pan.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly over pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Arrange pineapple chunks in single layer on top.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Mash with a fork till well combined.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Remove foil and run knife around edge and invert on plate.
What a great idea. I love taste and presentation. I am going to try using a muffin pan next time. Wish me luck.