This is a spicy island twist to plain-jane Pineapple Upside Down cake (or Carrot Cake--depending on how you look at it!). Adding pudding to the mix adds an extra moistness to the cake while the coconut oil makes it just a tad healthier than using regular oil (while adding a subtle island feel!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Put 2 blobs of Coconut Oil on the bottom of your baking pan. Put in oven that is preheating for about a minute or less (just to melt it).
- 3Remove from oven. Sprinkle on brown sugar until Coconut oil is absorbed.
- 4Sprinkle on pecan halves & coconut flakes according to preference.
- 5Spread drained pineapple chunks over mixture, reserve a few chunks in the juice to add to cake batter later.
- 6Cake Batter:.
- 7Combine Carrot Cake mix, french vanilla pudding, and pineapple juice (use it to replace the amount of water recommended on the box. Higher altitudes may call for more juice than you have, make up the difference with water).
- 8Add Coconut oil according to amount recommended on box (high altitude climates need less).
- 9Put pecans in a bag and use a hard object to smash them into smaller pieces. Add to batter.
- 10Mix. Add 3 eggs. Mix some more.
- 11When done, pour over the mixture in your baking dish, pop in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, and viola! Done!
- 12Buen Provecho! :).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down Pina-Colada Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 376.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g