1/5 Photos of Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
I use this recipe so everyone gets a nice equal portion!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Upside down part
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1In a small pan melt margarine over medium heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon, stir until sugar has melted. Remove from heat.
- 2Grease muffin tin (do not use liners).
- 3Break pineapple slices in half and arrange in muffin tin. The broken halves should over-lap eachother within one muffin round.
- 4Pour a tablespoon or so of brown sugar mix over each pineapple slice.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Cakey part: In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder; set aside.
- 7In a medium bowl beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 8Stir vanilla into butter/sugar mix, then, add the egg whites and beat well.
- 9In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice and milk.
- 10Fold the wet mixes into the dry in alternating fashion (between the butter/sugar mix and juice/milk mix).
- 11Stir until it's just combined -- don't over mix.
- 12Pour batter into mufin tin over topping mix.
- 13Bake for 20 minute or until muffin is done ( i use the toothpick test).
- 14Let cool for 5 minute and run the edges of muffins with an icing knife and carefully lift out muffins -- transfer to plate.
- 15Eat'em hot or cool -- YUM!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g