1/2 Photos of Pineapple Upside Down French Toast
Enjoy with a huge mug of coffee and some bacon on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2In a saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- 3Add pineapple, stirring well to incorporate.
- 4In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, reserved pineapple juice, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 5Lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan and spread pineapple mixture evenly over bottom.
- 6Dip bread slices into milk mixture and arrange in one layer on top of pineapple mixture.
- 7Bake french toast in middle of oven 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden.
- 8French toast can be made a day ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
- 9Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.6
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.3 mg
- Sodium 1084.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g