Enjoy with a huge mug of coffee and some bacon on the side.
Make and share this Pineapple Upside Down French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Add pineapple, stirring well to incorporate.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, reserved pineapple juice, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan and spread pineapple mixture evenly over bottom.
- Dip bread slices into milk mixture and arrange in one layer on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake french toast in middle of oven 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden.
- French toast can be made a day ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
- Serves 4.