Recipe by Tish
This is another way to serve French toast that makes it special enough for birthday mornings or other special occasions. Enjoy it anytime!
Top Review by Sam's Mom
Made this recipe for my son and he loved it. Made 1/2 a recipe and melted about 2 TBL of butter for the bottome of the dish. Next time I make, will not pour remaining egg/milk mixture over top. Thanks for posting.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple slices, packed in fruit juice, drained and 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 -8 slices day-old French bread (3/4-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a rimmed 9X13 cookie sheet (or baking dish) sprayed with cooking spray, evenly arrange pineapple slices.
- (I have also coated the pan with butter) Place 1/2 cherry in center of each ring.
- Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over the pineapple slices.
- In a shallow bowl, combine milk, pineapple juice, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Dip bread slices into mixture, coating both sides.
- Evenly place bread slices onto the pineapple.
- Evenly pour any remaining milk mixture over the bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.