Sam Cooks Too's Note:
Delicious baked donut recipe i came up with and it turned out divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Add buttermilk, (I used milk with ½ tablespoons lemon juice, let it sit for 5 minutes), egg, and melted butter. Beat until just combined. Set aside.
- 4Spray the pan with oil and then lay pineapple chunks in bottom of donut mold to cover the bottom of each donut.
- 5In a small frying pan, melt butter and add ¼ c brown sugar, let it caramelize and then pour evenly on top of pineapple.
- 6Pour batter on top and bake for 20 minutes, or until tops of donuts are set.
- 7Place a plate on top and then flip the plate and pan at the same time to release the donuts right side up on the plate! Enjoy these DELICIOUS treats!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down Donut
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 341.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g