Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious baked donut recipe i came up with and it turned out divine!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 78.07-118.29 ml fresh pineapple, chopped
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk, (I used milk with ½ tablespoons lemon juice, let it sit for 5 minutes), egg, and melted butter. Beat until just combined. Set aside.
- Spray the pan with oil and then lay pineapple chunks in bottom of donut mold to cover the bottom of each donut.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter and add ¼ c brown sugar, let it caramelize and then pour evenly on top of pineapple.
- Pour batter on top and bake for 20 minutes, or until tops of donuts are set.
- Place a plate on top and then flip the plate and pan at the same time to release the donuts right side up on the plate! Enjoy these DELICIOUS treats!