Another great cupcake from the coconutlime blog, by Rachel Rappaport: http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/2006/04/pineapple-upside-down-cupcakes.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Butter or spray (with cooking spray with flour) 10 holes in a cupcake pan.
- 3Cut a 1/2 inch chunk out of 10 pineapple slices and place the slices (not the little chunks) individually in 10 cupcake holes. They should lie flat in the pan and look like a "whole" ring again.
- 4In a small saucepan, melt and stir together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- 5Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- 6Pour about one teaspoon of this topping into the bottom of each pineapple ring covered cupcake hole.
- 7In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
- 8Add the egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- 9Add the baking powder, mix briefly then add the flour alternately with the pineapple juice.
- 10Pour about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter over each pineapple slice and bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Cool 20 minutes in pan then invert over a baking rack.
- 12You may want to place parchment paper or a towel under the rack because they may drip.
- 13Serve on a plate, pineapple side up.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g