1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 7 maraschino cherries (without stems)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or a 9-inch round cake pan (with sides that are at least 2 inches high) over low heat.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 4Arrange 7 pineapple slices in a single layer over brown sugar, reserving remaining pineapple slices for another use.
- 5Place 1 cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- 6Beat granulated sugar, oil, and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- 7Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 8Stir in carrots and pecans. Spoon batter over pineapple slices.
- 9Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in skillet on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 11Carefully run a knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- 12Invert cake onto a serving plate, spooning any topping in skillet over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside-Down Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.2
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 400.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 56.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g