Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious cake we got from a friend a few years ago.
Make and share this Pineapple Upside Down Cake With Rum Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- For Cake:.
- Cream 1/4 c margarine in large bowl medium speed.
- Add granulated sugar gradually.
- Add beaten egg and egg whites.
- Beat til well blended.
- Add milk gradually.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add slowly to creamed mixture.
- Melt remaining 1/2 c margarine.
- Pour into 9" square cake pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the margarine.
- Place pineapple slices and cherries on top of brown sugar.
- Pour cake batter carefully over pineapple.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- For glaze:.
- Heat water to boiling in small saucepan.
- Add sugar.
- Stir til dissolved.
- Add rum.
- Pour glaze over hot cake.
- Cool slightly.
- Turn onto serving platter.